Saturday, January 7, 2012

GYC 2011

 Driving, driving, driving (82 hours round trip)
 Texas scenery
 Lunch on the road
 Navigation
 This foil sculpture made by my sister was the fruit of boredom after the before mentioned meal
 Special memories
Friends gathered for outreach
Nearing the end of our journey

Going to GYC was such a wonderful experience! This was our first year, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was blessed by the speakers' messages as well as spending time with friends. We just figured out this evening that we knew about 120 people there. Like-minded friends are such a blessing! Lord willing, we'll be at the next one in Seattle. I'm looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you actually counted? I couldn't even begin because I knew many many from all the places I've been over the years. I love seeing old friends as well as becoming better acquainted with ones I've meet before and then meeting new ones! Isn't it exciting? Add then the spiritual to the social and you've discovered GYC in a powerful way! I bet you're hooked now. I'm blessed each yeah. I also think God knows just how to speak to our hears through the messages; each year I come home with something that is soo relevant to my life. Can't wait for Seattle!
    It was nice to see you! As always, there's never enough time to visit, but at least we did some.
    Loved your pictures. Glad you had safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, that's a LOT of driving time!! I love the Apple logo made out of aluminum foil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being with old friends and meeting new ones is really exciting! Too bad we didn't get to see more of you while we were there...

    Yes, that was a lot of driving time. I was ready to be done with driving by the end of it! Next year's 18 hours round trip to Seattle seems like nothing!

    ReplyDelete